Kerala Government is set to Launch Lucky Bill App to curb GST Evasion
As news published in adda247, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to launch ‘Lucky Bill App’ on 16th August 2022 where a taxpayer in state can upload their original GST bill at this App and few lucky winner will get prize from the government.
The initiative has been taken by state to curb on GST evasion and to encourage taxpayer to prepare a valid GST bill, which will support the revenue and finance of the state.
Key Points w.r.t “Lucky Bill App”
- The state government expects this will help increase tax collection as people will be encouraged to ask for bills while purchasing goods and availing services.
- The government is looking for new ways to support the revenue and financial status of the state with this app.
- The app is capable enough to help the state’s GST department to examine return filings with the help of uploaded bills.
- This initiative of the state government was proposed when the compensation from the center concerning the Goods and Services Tax has ceased.
- Finance Minister K N Balagopal has allocated a budget of â‚¹5 crores for the introduction of the ‘Lucky Bill App’.