How to Pay Rs.1000/- late fees for linking AADHAR and PAN
As per CBDT circular F. No. 370142/14/22-TPL dated on 30th March 2022, every person who has been allotted a PAN as on 1st July 2017 and is eligible to obtain Aadhaar number is required to link PAN with AADHAAR on or before 31st March, 2022. Taxpayers who failed to do so are liable to pay a fee of Rs. 500 till 30th June, 2022 and thereafter a fee of Rs. 1000 will be applicable before submission of PAN-AADHAAR linkage request .
Please pay the applicable fee of Rs. 1000 through e-Pay Tax service to proceed with submission of Aadhaar-PAN linking request. Click here for payment related information.
In case payment is already done on Protean (NSDL) portal, please try linking after 4-5 working days from the date of payment.
Please make sure fee payment is done under Minor head 500 - Other Receipts(500) and Major head 0021 [Income Tax (Other than Companies)] in single challan.
Payment related information
The fee payment for PAN-Aadhaar Linkage need to be made through e-Pay Tax functionality available on e-filing Portal.
If you have Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, City Union Bank, Federal Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Karur Vyasa, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India accounts, please follow below steps:
- Provide your PAN, Confirm PAN and Mobile number to receive OTP
- Post OTP verification, you will be redirected to a page showing different payment tiles
- Click Proceed on the Income Tax tile
- Select AY as 2023-24 and Type of Payment - as other Receipts (500) and Continue
- Enter the amount as Rs. 1000 under 'Others' field in tax break-up and proceed with further steps
If you have Other bank account (bank is not listed for payment through e-Pay tax), please follow below steps
- Click on hyperlink ‘Click here to go to NSDL (Protean) tax payment page for other banks’ given below on e-Pay tax page to redirect to Protean (NSDL) portal
- Click Proceed under Challan No./ITNS 280
- Select (0021) Income Tax (Other than Companies) under Tax Applicable (Major Head)
- Select (500) Other Receipts) under Type of Payment (Minor Head)
- Select AY as 2023-24, provide other mandatory details and Proceed
Payment Verification Method:
- Taxpayer will receive challan receipt on successful payment. User can also check bank account statement to ensure if amount was deducted or not.
- Taxpayer can check challan status through challan status enquiry by providing BSR code, challan date and serial number on https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/index.html
- Challan details will also get updated in form 26AS in 4-5 working days.