CBDT Authorizes DGIT (Director General of Income-tax) to furnish specific information of taxpayer in Form 26AS.
Order under section 28SBB of the Income-tax Act, 1961 read with Rule 114-1 of the Income-tax Rules 1962.
In exercise of powers conferred under section 285BB of the Income-tax Act, 1961 read with sub-rule (2) of Rule 114-1 ofthe Income-tax Rules, 1962, the Central Board of Direct Taxes ('Board'), hereby authorizes the Director General of Income-tax (Systems) to upload information relating to following sources. which is in her/his possession, in the Annual Information Statement in Form 26AS in the electronic filing account registered by the assessee in designated portal, within three months from the end of the month in which the information is received by her/him:
- Foreign remittance information reported in Form lSCC
- Information in Annexure II of the 24Q TDS Statement of the last quarter
- Information in ITR of other taxpayer
- Interest on Income Tax Refund
- Information in Form 61/61A where PAN could be populated
- Off Market Transactions Reported by Depository/ Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA)
- Information about dividend of mutual fund reported by Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA)
- Information about purchase of mutual fund reported by Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA)
The Director General of Income-Tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for the purposes of uploading the information referred to in para above in Annual Information Statement in Form 26 AS.